A Is for Armageddon

A Is for Armageddon

A Catalogue of Disasters That May Culminate in the End of the World as We Know It : Have A Nice Day

eBook - 2010
Average Rating:
2
Rate this:
Catalogs ways the world could end, from animal flatulence and erupting volcanoes to economic collapse and World War III.
Publisher: New York : Harper, c2010.
Edition: 1st U.S. ed.
ISBN: 9780062064288
0062064282
Characteristics: 1 online resource : ill. (chiefly col.).
Summary: Catalogs ways the world could end, from animal flatulence and erupting volcanoes to economic collapse and World War III.

Opinion

From the critics


Community Activity

Comment

Add a Comment

t
Theronizer
Oct 16, 2017

really fun artwork
enjoyable humor
smart
scary a little
needs an update

a
altybiz
Feb 11, 2017

Richard Horne has such a talent for this kind of writing--very innovative. He takes a wide range of disasters and explains them, often tongue in cheek. Has a great sense of humor. Lots of illustrative graphics done up in a fun fashion. I think this would have most appealed to me back in high school and college, but I recommend it for any age because you can pick and choose how you want to learn about his topic of the moment (usually just 2-4 pages including graphics). I'm highly recommending it to some of my friends. If you think you're up to date on 90% of disasters, here's where you can learn about the other 10%. Covers natural disasters like heat waves, plagues, male infertility, (I kid you not) world leaders and "rogues" (US financial bad guys). Try it....you'll like it.

Age

Add Age Suitability

There are no ages for this title yet.

Summary

Add a Summary

There are no summaries for this title yet.

Notices

Add Notices

There are no notices for this title yet.

Quotes

Add a Quote

There are no quotes for this title yet.

Explore Further

Browse by Call Number

Recommendations

Subject Headings

  Loading...

Find it at CML

  Loading...
[]
[]
To Top